Pages

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Game Night with Mattel! #GameOnParty

Growing up, game night was almost every day. It was the perfect time to laugh and have fun with loved ones.

Since our lives are a lot busier now, it's a lot more challenging to find time for those special moments.

When I was contacted to host a Mattel Game Night, I was ecstatic! What a great way to bring family together. Unfortunately, it's hard to coordinate schedules with such a large group, so our family game night, turned into a couple game day.

I received a box filled with all kinds of goodies necessary to host a party. Some fun games, party favours, planning list and some awesome hosting tips, and colour coordinated napkins and snacks! :)


Darren and I spent the afternoon trying out a few of the games we were sent. We got caught up with Skip-Bo the most. This is a card game that I remember from back when I was a teenager, mostly from camping trips, and will always be a classic in my eyes. I could, and have spent hours playing. It's a fun strategy game that can get your brain working too.


New to us, were the Uno and Pictionary Dice Games. I haven't played many dice games, but these were entertaining, and a nice change of pace compared to the board game alternatives. I would recommend giving them a try!


Apples to Apples remains unopened. This one is meant for a group of 4 people or more, so will be reserved for our next couples, or family game night! I can't wait, because word games are my favourite.

Head over to the Gameology Facebook App to find out what your game type is!

Do you enjoy playing games with your family? What's your favourite game to play?

Disclosure: I received the products in this post in order to conduct my review. All opinions are 100% mine.

3 comments:

  1. Me and my family love playing board games.My girls are still a little young, but we play their games. They love making up their own rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember when I was younger and still at home playing battleship and Rummy with my brother and grandma! Now all kids want is video games. My daughter thinks Im the meanest mom ever because we dont allow her to vegetate in front of the video games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apples to Apples is a GREAT game! Easy to teach, easy to play :)

    My family never really played games together, but my boyfriend and I think it's a great way to spend time :)

    ReplyDelete